Industrial District Overview
- LocationSamgeo-dong, Gwangsan-gu
- Construction period’09. ~ ’20.
- Total project budget295.2 billion KRW
- Sale price248,000/㎡ KRW
- Project entityMinistry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport
- Implementation of the projectKorea Land and Housing Corporation
- Target business
- automobiles, advanced parts and materials, photonics industry, digital information home appliance, and R&D
Establishing an industrial cluster for
Eco-friendly automobile parts
- Participants : Gwangju Institute of Green-Car Advancement, related regional organizations, automobile parts companies, etc.
- Purpose : Advancement in the industrial structure by creating a technologically innovative ecosystem regarding eco-friendly automobiles.
- Building Infrastructure
- Establishment of a Support Center for Leading Technologies and the Global Business Center.
- Equipment acquisition for research and development (179 units)
- Assistance in creating industrial ecosystems(Technical support, Business support , Training of human resources)
- Developing Technology
- The Four Key Strategic Fields : Small electric cars, integrated electrical automotive components, lightening of automotive components, and special-purpose automobile fields.
Establishing Certification Centers
Eco-friendly Automobile Components
- Participants : Gwangju Metropolitan City, Gwangju Institute of Green-Car Advancement, and Korea Transportation Safety Authority
- Purpose : To provide assistance in the certification and evaluation of domestic and international eco-friendly automobiles and to provide proper response to international safety standards.
- Building Infrastructure
- Establish a certification center for eco-friendly automobile components.
- Acquire equipment for certification and evaluation of eco-friendly automobile components (testing for collision and shock resistance, and batteries; 26 units)
- Provide assistance for certification and evaluation of eco-friendly automobile components.
Gwangju Global Motors (GGM)
A Win-Win Partnership and Innovation for the Future, the Nation's First Model for Gwangju-Style Jobs
- The first localized model for jobs through joint investment by Gwangju Metropolitan City, Hyundai Motors, and others.
- Scope of Production : 100,000 vehicles per year (starting Sept. 15, 2021)
- Scope of Investment : 575.4 billion KRW
- Land Area : 604,338,90㎡ (approximately 182,812 pyeong)
Turning the Welfare Program into Reality by Establishing Public Welfare Infrastructure as Well as Providing Support for Companies
Completing the Public Welfare Program for Gwangju-Style Jobs.
- Building a support center for mutual growth of workers and management for the promotion of workers’ welfare (45 billion KRW).
- Building a sports and culture complex, an open gym (10 billion KRW).
- Building public and communal daycare centers for children at workplaces in key locations (77 billion KRW).
Unmanned Autonomous Low-speed Special Vehicle
Lay the foundation for demonstration projects to develop new markets for autonomous vehicles
- Designated as a special zone free of regulation for unmanned autonomous low-speed special vehicles (7 zones, 25.3 billion KRW)
- Demonstration of unmanned autonomous driving untact service: 2021 - 2024 (4 years), 41 billion KRW
- Development of eco-friendly autonomous driving shuttle and demonstration of non-face-to-face healthcare service
Gwangju Free Economic Zone Authority, Automobile Team: +82-62-613-6061~4